Academic Comeback: Olodo Must Win
Credit: Ai generated
Elizabeth Fatokun
Ask any normal student how they feel about the first
semester, and their response will be:
“Ọmọ, first semester don go jàre. Na Academic
comeback I wan do. Olodo must win.”
But in reality, students often say the opposite of what
they do.
At the beginning of the semester, there is always bursting
energy and eagerness to attend lectures, do assignments, and read every day.
But as time goes on, we become reluctant to do these things, and then we begin
to feel our energy draining.
“I don't think I will be attending today's lecture.
Please, snap your note for me.”
“I don't understand that lecturer's class. Abeg, you
will teach me later.”
And then procrastination begins. “Later” becomes the
following day; the following day becomes the test period and then exams, and
the helter-skelter rush to cover slides and notes begins. The shout of “I need
to do TDB to cover this part” becomes the daily chant of students.
Ask that same student about this semester, and the reply
will be:
“Academic comeback. Olodo will surely win.”
Students should know that if they are not diligent in their
studies, Olodo may never win.
Lectures should be attended, and notes written in class
should be covered before the following day to avoid bulky notes and ease
tension during exam and test periods.
Also, students should be aware that people are different.
While some can read despite distractions, others may not. And so, it should not
be surprising if the friends you are shouting “comeback” with while attending
parties aces all their courses while you struggle with D's.
Therefore, every student must know that hard work,
diligence, and consistency will lead to an academic comeback .
So, if you truly want an academic comeback, don't just say,
“Olodo must win.” Put in the work and make sure Olodo actually wins.

Comments
Post a Comment