QUESTIONS RAISED AS ASPIRANT'S BANNER IS TARGETED AGAIN

 





By Emmanuel Omolayo.



Pressman: Good evening Sewa. I hope you're having a wonderful day. I'm Emmanuel Omolayo, Interview Desk Editor with FATSSSA Press. An incident just came to our notice concerning your campaign banner at the LLT entrance, we noticed a part of it was ripped and burnt. Are you aware of this incident?

Adesewa: Good evening Emmanuel.
I just found out today.
This is the second time and it’s saddening

Pressman: Do you have any idea who might be responsible for the damages, or any suspicions?

Adesewa: I really have no idea

Pressman: How did you get to know about the damages done? The first time and the second.

Adesewa: The first time I saw it 
Then the 2nd time, it was a couple of my friends that called to tell me about it.

Pressman: Since it's only your banner that's been hit twice, do you think you're being deliberately targeted? Also, did you receive any threats, warnings, or unusual messages around the same period?

Adesewa: No, I did not receive any threats and I can’t say for sure that I’m not being deliberately targeted. However, one can’t help but be conscious of this kind of occurrence.

Pressman: Have you reported this incident to any authority, i.e., electoral committee or faculty security?

Adesewa: I’m still trying to process why any of these is happening. Although I had plans of writing a letter to IFEC today, but on closer thoughts, I decided against it to avoid unnecessary conflicts.

Pressman: Has this affected your morale or changed how you plan to campaign going forward?

Adesewa: It has affected my morale a lot. However, my campaign strategy remains the same.

Pressman: Any message you want to send to whoever's responsible?

Adesewa: First of all, I never said anyone was responsible for this. However, if this is actually a case of trying to sabotage my campaign…
It’s very belittling trying to destroy someone’s efforts just for an election.

Pressman: That will be all for now, thank you for your time.





Comments

  1. In as much as this is important, I wish to know why the faculty press hasn't written anything about the president suspending the PRO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I am patiently waiting for the article concerning this particular action

      Delete
  2. As much as I am not in support of this particular candidate. I also detest such be-littling act of destroying her campaign tools. Whoever is doing this you'll be caught soon I am very sure of that

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"For Legal and Electoral Reasons, This Is a Joke": When Did Campaigning Become Intimidation?

FATSSSA'S PRESIDENT IMPEACHED, FOUR OTHER EXECUTIVE MEMBERS SUSPENDED