Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Interview with Miss Victoria Olisa- a Vice Presidential Aspirant




By Samuel Ajayi 

FATSSSA Press: My name's Samuel Ajayi, a correspondent for FATSSSA PRESS. I would like to meet you. Could you please introduce yourself?

Victoria: I am Victoria Olisa, a 200L student of Sociology. I am a student entrepreneur and a fashion designer. I am also passionate about leadership and team building, and I have served in many roles in UI and outside the university setting. I served on the FATSSSA Audit committee for 2021/2022 session. I am also serving in my class and department Academic Committee. Outside the faculty, I am a member of one of the prestigious clubs in the University of Ibadan, Rotaract Club UI.

FATSSSA Press: Nice to meet you, Victoria. Apart from being passionate about leadership or service, why are you aspiring for this position?

Victoria: According to FATSSSA constitution, the Vice President is the chairman of the EDC, apart from his/her other roles that might be assigned to him/her by the President. I am committed to leading our association towards academic excellence and promoting an enriching and vibrant environment that prioritizes success.

FATSSSA Press: Okay, away from your constitutional duties, why do you think you're a perfect fit for this role? Why should FATSSSAITES vote for you?

Victoria: The relevance of education from my own end is not just for academics. Education is simply exposure. Education is the right handed to an individual to know more and broaden horizons without limits. My goal is to create a holistic learning environment that includes social, entrepreneurship, and innovations.

FATSSSA Press: Kindly relate your previous experience as a leader to the position you're vying for by telling us the skill you're equipped with and how you intend to harness it.

Victoria: Okay, so like I said earlier on about my experience, one of the things that I have learnt and acquired is team building skills. If elected as Vice President, with this skill I will be able to work with my other executive members to actualizing our goals and also with the EDC. Another skill is communication skill, it is important to note that good communication skill requires emotional intelligence. I will ensure that there is free flow of information in all honesty.

FATSSSA Press: Do you believe all these qualifications and experiences are enough to vie for the office of the Vice President?

Victoria: Yes, I believe.

FATSSSA Press: What is the central theme in your manifesto? What is that unique thing that will make you stand out as a candidate?

Victoria: An all-encompassing/holistic learning experience that includes social, entrepreneurial, and innovative activities.

FATSSSA Press: Do you have anything to say to FATSSSAITES?

Victoria: FATSSSA is a place of great minds and a seat of excellence. Our predecessors have set a landmark that we should follow. I encourage all FATSSSAites to keep being the best version of themselves and strive not to lose our wonder. I love you, FATSSSAites ❤️

FATSSSA Press: Thank you for your time.

Post a Comment

1 Comments