Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Interview with Adewale Samuel, FATSSSA PRO Aspirant

 



By Mayorkun

Pressman: Good afternoon, please can you introduce yourself?

Adewale Samuel: Good afternoon, ma'am. My name is Adekunle Adewale Samuel popularly known as Light, I am a 300-level student of the Department of Sociology and I am contesting for the position of the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of thisprestigious Faculty.

Pressman: Have you held any post in your Department or in the Faculty before?

Adewale Samuel: Yes. I was the General Secretary of my Departmental Electoral Commission in my 100 level. I became the General Secretary of my Departmental Literary and Debate Society in my 200 level and currently I am the Creative Coach of my Departmental Literary and Debate Society.

Pressman: Can you tell us why you want to run for the post of Public Relations Officer at the Faculty level?

Adewale Samuel: The number one reason why I want to run for this position stems from a deep-seated passion to showcase the beauty of FATSSSA to the outside world through various media channels available at my reach. 

The number two reason is to encourage students' creativity by giving Creatives in our faculty a platform to learn more, earn more and thrive. 

My number three which is also the most important is to bridge the gap between the faculty management and the student body through ensuring a seamless flow of information and fostering a culture of open communication for enhancing our faculty’s community engagement and fostering a vibrant academic environment.

Above all, my fervent desire to contribute positively to our faculty’s legacy. I am eager to apply my skills and enthusiasm to the role of PRO, working tirelessly to enhance our faculty’s reputation and student experience.

Pressman: You've never served in the faculty level if I'm correct

Adewale Samuel: Yes, ma'am.

Pressman: How would you rate the current  PRO?

Adewale Samuel: I will say a 70%

Pressman: Why a 70%?

Adewale Samuel: The current PRO did well but there is always room for further improvement.

Pressman: You mentioned 4 things you hope to achieve as the PRO if elected, how do you plan to achieve this?

Adewale Samuel: More details on this on the Press Day and also the Manifesto Day.

Pressman: Have you at any point joined the publicity committee either at the Department or faculty level?

Adewale Samuel: No. However, I am part of the Publicity Committee at the SU level.

Pressman: And what are the things you can point out to have been your achievement so far as a member of the committee?

Adewale Samuel: That would be aiding the SU'UI in reaching more students through the transmission of information regarding the new development and the programme happening around the school environment.

Pressman: Alright

Thank you very much for your time

Post a Comment

0 Comments